HOW DOES THE CALENDAR WORK?
The Calendar can be accessed from the top menu. It is where you can see your:
- Planned assignments (Bookings)
- Recorded time entries (Timesheets)
- Daily availability
- Bookings compared with Availability (B/A)
- Timesheets compared with Availability (T/A)
You can hover over your B/A (Bookings/Availability) and T/A (Timesheets/Availability) bars to see how much is on your plate. Solid grey bar shows that you’re fully booked (or, in the case of T/A, have tracked the equivalent of your availability). White means that there is some time left in your schedule, or that you have tracked less time than you’d been available for. Red color signifies that you’re overbooked or that you’ve logged overtime.
Bookings are assigned to you by your managers. You can’t edit them, but you can see how much time per day you’re supposed to work and on which project.
Timesheet section is where you can enter your recorded time entries (how much time you’ve spent working on projects). Time entries are presented as colored blocks with daily durations and project names displayed on them.
They can be recorded using Teamdeck’s time tracker (see below) or added manually from the Calendar.
Note: managers can also add time entries for you. They are displayed in your timesheet so you’ll notice them right away. Managers can also edit the time entries you’d added.
When you hover over a time entry you can see three icons:
- View more opens a drawer with detailed info about this time entry (also available by clicking on a time entry).
- Splitting mode allows you to split your long time entry into shorter ones. It’s handy when you want to squeeze another time entry in.
- Trash bin icon is where you can click if you want to delete a time entry.
The calendar can be also browsed from your phone, using Teamdeck mobile app. Read more about this app here.
MANAGING TIME ENTRIES
You can add time entries right from the Calendar. Hover over the day you want your time entry to start and click the plus icon that appears on hover. Then, hold and drag the time entry to the day you want it to finish. A drawer will appear where you can add more info about your time entry.
The dates will already be preselected, but you can edit them. Pick a project you’ve been working on and enter the time spent working on it.
You’ll also get to decide to automatically skip weekends, vacations, bank holidays. If you decide to skip all of them, it means that when you add a new, long time entry, it will only add it to the working days in your timesheet.
Finally, you can add a description to your time entry.
When you’re done, click save.
You can remove time entries from the Calendar by clicking on the trash bin icon - visible when you hover over a time entry or click on it.
TRACK TIME FROM YOUR PHONE
You can use a mobile time tracker, available for iOS and Android. Download the app and log in. Read more about how to track time with this mobile app.
ADD YOUR TIME ENTRIES MANUALLY
If you’re not using Teamdeck’s time tracker to track your time you can fill out your timesheet manually. Go to My calendar to see your timesheet.
How does the timesheet work?
Timesheet is an interactive spreadsheet, where you can see:
- the working days of your organization (weekends and bank holidays are marked with diagonal stripes)
- your working days (your personal vacations are grayed out)
- your hourly availability, if you’re a part-time employee (if it’s specified, you see green numbers on particular days). When you hover over the days with numbers displayed on them you will see how much of that time is left. For example, if you’re available for 8h and then are booked for 7h on a project, it means that there’s 1 hour of time left for that day. If the bookings exceed your availability, you’ll see a red number.
- your upcoming bookings (in the upper section of the timesheet)
- your tracked time entries (in the lower section of the timesheet)
There are a few features that can help you browse the timesheet:
- Date picker, to quickly select the date you want to use.
- Arrows to scroll your timesheet vertically.
- Magnifying glass icons to zoom in or zoom out your timesheet
- Selection mode icon, which allows you to select multiple days at once. It’s especially useful when you want to add identical time entries for a range of dates.
- The eye icon allows you to switch off the bookings and only see the availability calendar (option only for part-time employees)
- Current week resets your calendar and timesheet to the current week.
ADDING TIME ENTRIES
There are three ways to manually add time entries to your timesheet:
- Click on the plus sign icon in the bottom right corner and select add time entry.
- Right-click on the day you want to add the time entry for.
- Use selection mode (click the icon or hold shift button) to select a range of days on your timesheet.
Whichever way you choose, a dialog box will show up. You need to specify the project you worked on and the amount of time you spent (per day, if you’re adding entries for multiple days). If you worked over the weekend you can leave the “skip weekends” option disabled, otherwise switch it on. Then, select the start and end dates and click save time entry.
Note: managers can also add time entries for you. They are displayed in your timesheet so you’ll notice them right away.